Aug 22, 2009

Our Garden Bounty




Well, I took the plunge into gardening when my dear pastor's wife offered some free space in their garden to me. I planted a couple sets of onion, fourteen tomato plants, cucumber, acorn squash (that ended up being yellow squash once the fruit appeared), and four herb varieties. We are beginning to see the fruits of our labor. Additionally, a kind co-worker gave Ben some monster zucchini (see previous post). I love garden fresh veggies; it makes me feel so healthful! It can even counteract some of the guilt one might feel about snarfing down a piece of sinfully delicious turtle cake. Not that I would know anything about that, but I have no doubt that it would.




Well, anyways, to get to the point, planting a garden is one way to get a lot for little money investment. And since I just finished perusing Lasagna Gardening by Patricia Lanza, it seems that it could require very little physical effort as well. With some forethought and planning, you may never have to weed or drag out the rototiller. If you are thinking about planting a garden, but are hesitant due to physical requirements or lack of space, I would highly suggest this book.


0 lovely comments: