Dec 12, 2009

Grocery Budget 12/06-12/12



I went to Acme this week, because a kind family in the church lent me their car since they were out of town this week.  Acme had boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.49/lb, so I went to stock up, as my supply was low.  I bought 8 lbs. for $11.91.  I also purchased clearance bananas for $.20/lb. = $.70, and the milk was reduced to $.75/gallon!!!  I was so excited, especially as I have a freezer to put some in.  The expiration date on the milk was not until 12/14, and I bought it on 12/07!  The chocolate milk was $1.99 per gallon, and I had a $.35 coupon, so just $1.64!  The Scotties tissue was $1, and I had a $1 coupon, so FREE!
My total at Acme was $17.31!



My little grocery shopping helper, Gracie, wanting to help me put groceries away!

This is my Giant Eagle run this week.  I spent $27.28 for all of this!  The prices in parantheses are AFTER  coupons and catalinas per item.  This includes 2 lbs. of Oscar Mayer bacon ($1.49), Bertolli spaghetti sauce ($1), 4 Pull-up wipes ($.49), 4 boxed Green Giant Veggies (FREE), gallon of OJ ($1.98), 2 cans Ro-Tel tomatoes ($.39), 1 Juicy Juice quart ($1), 2 Sunday Plain Dealer newspapers ($.99), 2 Birds Eye Voila meals ($1.89), Goldfish Crackers ($.50), 6 Nestle Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels ($1), 1 Domino 5 lb. bag ($1.23), 18 bags of Nestle morsels ($.51), 3 cans of Betty Crocker frosting (FREE).



2 Swiss Miss hot chocolate ($.25 moneymaker), 2 All Bran crackers ($.49), Up baby wipes ($.88), Up toothbrush ($.27), Up hand soap ($.49), Method hand soap ($.99), Up baby ibuprofen ($2.74), Up sandwich bags ($.82), Up facial tissues ($.47), Up bandages ($.22), 2 Keebler Grasshopper cookies ($1.25), 2 Club cracker ($1.50), 1 Cheez-it crackers ($1.25).
I had a couple of Target gift cards, so the above cost me $3.61 out of pocket, but my total before gift cards was $14.69. I got another $5 gift card because of the Keebler/Cheez-it deal, which I used to buy Grace some much needed shoes, so I'm counting $0 of this order towards my grocery budget.    I had coupons for every item here, and the receipt says I saved $26.64!

My weekly total is $44.59.
My monthly budget balance is $97.95.

2 lovely comments:

Alisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Great job, April! :)

Teresa & Julie-Andi said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi! I'm amazed at your savings!! Wow! You did great! I wanted to invite you to join the Coupon Super Savers at: http://www.couponsavinggame.com/2010/01/coupon-super-savers.html

Simply stop by each week and link to your deals. This is a wonderful resource to help you save and a fun way to show off your savings! :)

Stephanie @ Coupon Saving Game