Feb 6, 2010

Grocery Budget 01/31-02/06



I'm still trying to use up a lot of my pantry goods, so I'm hoping to keep my shopping to a minimum.  My trip to Giant Eagle this week cost me $23.48! The lotion and yellow tissue box were free after coupons, the sour cream was $.15, and the yogurt and Sideshots were $.50 after coupons. 


A friend ran to Aldi's and picked up a few items for me.  This trip cost me $5.23!


We ran to Wal-Mart today to pick up big girl panties for Grace, a blow dryer (mine finally bit the dust), and a house phone, as our thrift store phone has gradually required yelling in order for the other end to hear you.  I have wanted to try making me own beans, but I didn't want to pay Giant Eagle's price, and they never seem to go on sale.  I paid $2.54 total for the two packages of beans.

Weekly grocery total: $31.25
Monthly grocery budget: $160.00
Remaining grocery money for the month: $128.75


3 lovely comments:

Alisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Another place to check for beans is the Dollar Tree. I picked up a couple bags last week not even realizing that it was a good price. I'm planning on making some refried beans! :)

Noelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Great shopping!
I buy our beans from the bulk bins at the health food store. It might be worth checking out a local health food store :)

Lauren said... Best Blogger Tips

We are vegitarian, so i know it takes some searching to find the cheapest beans!! Great job