Mar 12, 2010

Lovely Day to Play


Grace and I went for a walk after lunch.  It was absolutely delicious to stroll in the sun, pointing out all the wonders of creation.... with no coat!  Well, Grace wore a coat, but mine came off about 5 minutes after we stepped outside.  Gorgeous, I tell ya.

We found a stubborn patch of, as Grace calls it,
"nooo!"  and Grace wanted to touch it.  I obliged gladly, because I believe it is the last of it that we shall see this winter.  Hallelujah!

See my coat?!  Thank you, Father, for winter, that makes us so grateful for the warm summer sun.  The smell of spring was in the air.  You know that distinctively earthy smell?  It was all around us.  The birds were chirping, and the rivers of melted snow flowed like streams down the roads and sidewalks.  We splashed and giggled.

The little stinker learned to say and recognize the words "tree", "grass", "stick", and "water" today, but we're still working on "No!"  :)


0 lovely comments: