Aug 22, 2009

My Goals


My dear friends, neighbors and countrymen,


I am starting this blog with two objectives-- my primary objective is to stay motivated with our savings goals. Secondly, I would love for others to come along and enjoy the ride and possibly hop on! I just finished speed-reading Dave Ramsey's book, Total Money Makeover, and it was fantabulously motivating. If you haven't read it, check it out! I got mine at the library, and I finished it in a few hours. It is super easy reading, but I'm sure I will be going back to reference it repeatedly. The practical aspect of the book is astoundingly simple, but our world today is so bombarded with the "gotta have it now" mentality, we have almost lost common sense. It is a real go-to book for money management and budgeting, sound practical monetary advice, and encouragement that you CAN do it!

The link for his website is http://www.totalmoneymakeover.com/


I have always been a bit odd about spending money, or should I say, not spending it. My family will attest to that, but after reading his book, I can see many ways that our family could have more wisely used our resources. We have never really taken control of our finances, but rather let life direct how we spent out money. I am soooo excited about the possibilities that his book have opened up to us financially.


Another of my inspirations is Crystal Paine, the author of http://www.moneysavingmom.com/. I have been following her blog for some time, but I am just now getting serious about saving.


And my final inspirations...

My two favorite people!

0 lovely comments: