Sep 26, 2009

Grocery Budget 09/20-09/26

Drumroll....Ddddrrrrrrrr....Dddddrrrrrrrrr....ok, ok, thank you very much.

So I made a few trips this week to Giant Eagle and Rite Aid, and my total out-of-pocket expenses were....

$39.34

The goods pictured below cost me $30.19, and I got $3 in catalinas off my next purchase.  It wasn't my best shopping trip, but I was really running low on lunch goods for Ben.  He loves cheese in his lunch, and the cubes that I was cutting from the 8 oz. blocks I had wasn't cutting it.  (seriously, no pun intended)



Then I went to GE again on Thursday morning, and found all of this for $5.39:



I did a little frugal jig right there in the store when I found these value packs (3 lb. each) of ground beef on clearance for $1.27 per pound!  I was just thinking the other day that I always see expensive cuts on clearance, but never ground  beef.  Since it was 73% lean beef, I decided to reduce the fat content by following the method that I posted about here.  



I also spent $3.76 on a gallon of milk, a carton of juice, a bunch of bananas, and a Snickers bar (free coupon was expiring!)

My Rite Aid trips this week cost me nothing out of pocket because I used a gift card from July's Kimberly-Clark campaign.  I am also getting $22 back from these purchases.


2 lovely comments:

Tracey said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow - great deals, especially the ground beef! I also love that natural peanut butter!

andrea said... Best Blogger Tips

Very, very impressive. Do you have a Meijer close by? If you do, watch for the 10/$10 get 11th free sales on the ground turkey. They often don't advertise them in the circular, but many times when they run those sales, ground turkey is included. We stock up and use them in place of ground beef because, like you, I noticed most of the markdowns on meat are on the expensive cuts.