Oct 15, 2009

I love you, bushel and a peck...

...and a hug around the neck!



That's a portion of the bushel of apple seconds that I was able to purchase for $8!  What a steal.  Thanks, Mrs. Myers!  I made yummy cinnamon apple oatmeal muffins.  I used the basic oatmeal muffin recipe from the red gingham Better Homes and Garden Cookbook, and added a good dash of cinnamon and about two cups of peeled, diced apples.  I made two batches, put them by twos into Ziplocs, and froze them for Ben's breakfast.  It is so handy to reach into the freezer the night before, set them on the counter, and in the morning, they are thawed and perfectly moist for his breakfast.



I had a picky test-taster.




She decided the recipe was a keeper.  I think she is too.



I also made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for Ben's lunches as well.  I made monster size cookies to change things up a bit, put them by twos into Ziplocs, and threw those in the freezer too.


0 lovely comments: