Jan 30, 2010

Grocery Budget 01/24-01/30


My grocery shopping this week amounted to $36.90... still below my weekly budget!  Woo-hoo!

I made two runs to Giant Eagle this week.  The first trip was a necessities run for milk, oranges and 'nanas, carrots, $.02 Pillsbury biscuits and $1.99/lb. 85% lean ground beef.  I failed to get a picture because I'm a bum, but my shopping total was $17.75.

*Imagine* shopping trip picture.

I also ran last night to get ice cream.  I had made brownies, and it just wasn't right to eat them without ice cream.  Since there is a great Unilever catalina deal going on at Giant Eagle, of which the ice cream was a part, I felt it was my duty to spend the $2 extra dollars to get 3 cans of Ragu, 1 jar of peanut butter, and a jar of Hellman's.  The Parmesan cheese, garbage bags, and M&M's were necessity purchases.  How can M&M's be a necessity you ask?   Grace is beginning the potty training process, and I am rewarding her with an M&M if she sits on the potty for longer than .000035 seconds.
This shopping trip was $19.15 total.


Weekly Spending: $36.90
Monthly Spending: $112.63
Monthly Budget: $160--$47.37 left to put towards savings!

0 lovely comments: