Jan 13, 2010

My Really Long Excuse

The last time I posted was 01/09/10 according to my computer.  Hmmm....that was 4 days ago according to my "figgering".  But I don't really see how that can be, as the time passed far more quickly than 96 hours possibly could.

Sunday was a full day at church, greeting old friends, meeting new ones, and enjoying the fellowship of God's people.  We had another young church come after our morning service to use our baptismal tank.  Afterwards, we shared a potluck lunch with both congregations.  We held our evening service early, and church was out about 4:00p.m.  Our family hung out at the church until the bus got back from dropping off attendees, and the whole family went to one of my all-time favorite restaurants, Portillo's, a real Chicago classic.   I enjoyed half an Italian beef sandwich and a large chocolate cake shake.  Yum.  Grace threw the world's most awful tantrum when I tried to take the shake away from her.  I was mortified.  Needless to say, she shared no more of my shake. 

Monday we were able to meet my 85-year old grandma and my aunt Vickie in Kankakee, IL.  It was really good to see them both, as it had been over a year since I saw my grandma, and years since I saw my aunt.  Grace was, of course, the star of the meeting.  Afterwards, we drove to my brother's house in Portage, IN, to pick up my Bible and shoes which had been left in the back of their van Sunday.  We got home about 9:15p.m., and I packed all of my stuff plus a full-size band saw in my suitcase.  It was rather exciting.

Tuesday morning we got up with the chickens in order to be downtown to catch my bus to Cleveland.  Grace behaved very well, but 7.5 hours of entertaining a 16 month old in a bus seat is hard work.  Thankfully, I had a gracious fellow passenger who helped me keep Grace happy.  Her name was Molly, and she was probably an angel in disguise.  We arrived home last night around five o'clock, and I was tired from the long trip.  Beat.  Exhausted.  Bushed.  Getting the picture?   Sleep never sounded so sweet.

My sweetheart made our arrival home so sweet with an immaculate home, pretty flowers, dinner ordered, and the table set.  Wow!  I was impressed.   And then I went to sleep.

I had a wonderful trip, and I'm glad to be home.  Hopefully, I'll get back into the swing of things in a day or two.  Until then, I think I'll just sleep.

3 lovely comments:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the photo of your folks and the children. I need to find out how in the world you got the bandsaw packed!! That's the prize winning photo -- not the picture, but the how-to!

Alisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! I thought my two hour airplane trip was a challenge. You deserve a metal after that many hours on a bus with a little one!!! ;)

Alisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, btw the picture of your parents is so sweet. You can see how much they love their grandbabies! :)