Feb 27, 2010

Grocery Budget 02/21-02/27


I was very disappointed when I added up the numbers and realized how poorly I did this week.  I really busted the budget with my trips to Giant Eagle, but I WILL do better next month.  I'm going to try the cash method and see how it goes.  I just hate carrying cash!  It's such a pain to me.
I got all of this with $0 out of pocket from Rite Aid-- I'm still using up Single Check Rebates money from previous months.

This was my Giant Eagle shopping trip.  I busted my budget this week stocking up on a few staples that were on sale.  The meat was on sale $1.99/lb (85% lean), and the Frigo CheeseHeads were on sale $4.99 -- Ben eats one every day in his lunch, and he prefers this brand.  Total spent was $65.49.

I went to CVS and stocked up on diapers wipes, since they were only $2.50 each, and I had (4) $.50 coupons.  I scored all of this for $4.63.

Giant Eagle is having a killer sale on Tombstone pizza, so I spent $13.50 here, but at checkout I got $12 to spend on my next purchase there.

I decided to try a new cheesecake recipe, and I was low on eggs, had no graham crackers or oranges, all of which I needed.  I bought all of this for $.29, because I used one of my $4 catalinas from my pizza purchase above.

Total Spent This Week: $93.91
Total Spent This Month: $206.33
Monthly Budget: $160.00 (Overspent by $46.33--UGH!)

1 lovely comments:

Noelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Great deal on the Pizza! I love having frozen pizza around when all other plans fall apart!