May 18, 2010

Deceitful Chocolate Muffins



I bought some whole-wheat flour a while back, and I've been trying to sneak it into our family's diet.  You've heard that love covers a multitude of sin?  Well, chocolate does the same for whole wheat... :)

I played around with a recipe that I had for chocolate tea bread, and came up with this little muffin version.  It is really yummy, and my husband has no idea that it has been "healthified."

Deceitful Double Chocolate Muffins

Ingredients:
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1-1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup baking chips, white, semi-sweet, or milk
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (or cranberries!)

Directions:
In a bowl, combine applesauce, butter, eggs, water and sugar; beat on low speed for 30 seconds.  Combine dry ingredients; add to wet ingredients.  Beat till well-mixed, about 30 more seconds.  Fold in the chips and nuts, and pour into greased muffin cups.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes.  Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. 
Yield: 12-15 muffins



4 lovely comments:

Decor To Adore said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh yum!

Oh what a fantastic DIY project. You are one clever and creative gal.

I finally finished a project I have been working on for 23 years.

Pop on by.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said... Best Blogger Tips

I always sneak in the WW flour too. They rarely notice. Applesauce too.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

HAHA! I just snuck some of whole wheat flour into my oatmeal raisin cookies! YUMMY! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Tastes! Polls just opened for the People's Choice Award! Stop by and and vote when you get a chance -just click on your fav recipe!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/05/tuesday-tastes-8.html

Alisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum! I love chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips so I'll have to try these muffins! Since they're so healthy, I might just eat them for breakfast... :)