Jul 7, 2011

Shark-Shaped Watermelon Fruit Salad

I was so inspired by this awesome tutorial for a shark-shaped watermelon sculpture that I decided to try it myself.  I brought the fruit salad to our church's Independence Day potluck service on Sunday.






The picture quality is bad because I started this at 10:00 pm and finished about 12:00 am. Nothing like waiting till the last possible moment, ya know?!  It doesn't take 2 hours, but I had to take frequent breaks because Leah was having terrible teething pain and couldn't sleep.

7 lovely comments:

cindy said... Best Blogger Tips

turned out really neat!!

Kalinda said... Best Blogger Tips

Ha, that's awesome!

Lana said... Best Blogger Tips

I love watermelon carvings! My watermelons from my garden are coming up like crazy! Can't wait to try this!

Blessings,

Lana @ ilovemy5kids

Miz Helen said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great Watermelon Carving! It is just adorable and we could really use that one here at the lake for our party. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and sure hope to see you again real soon!
Miz Helen

loves2spin said... Best Blogger Tips

I am seriously impressed!

Penny said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! Great job!:o)

Deena - said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE THIS!! Awesome!