Anyways, a good omelet is a delightful, all-in-one meal, but I never could figure out how to cook them without the inside being quivery or the outside being brown. Until recently.
Let me show you this magic trick. It's really slick. Seriously, your family will be impressed.
- Turn your oven to broil.
- I use a 10" oven-safe, non-stick skillet, coated with cooking spray.
- Scramble 3 eggs, stirring in a dash of milk, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Pour into skillet.
- Over low to medium heat, allow the egg mixture to cook until no longer opaque and the edges around the pan are semi-firm.
- Remove from heat and add any additional ingredients at this time.
- With oven rack in the middle, place skillet on the rack. Broil for 2 minutes or until eggs are set and no longer glossy. Cheese will start to bubble.
- After 2 minutes broil time. Use a silicone spatula to loosen sides of omelet. Slide omelet onto plate, folding in half.
- Serve your blockbuster omelet to rave reviews. No brown crusties, no runny insides.