May 24, 2012

Life with the Littles


Grace just walked up to me, brandishing our broom, and asked me if I knew what her name was.
"Penelope Pie?" I asked.
"NO. Alanta Uvatizer."
It took three tries and corrections before I finally pronounced it to her satisfaction.

*********************************************

On our way back from our service at the nursing home, we noticed a safety fair at our hometown fire department.  We stopped and had such a fun little impromptu outing with the girls.

 Grace got a solo ride in one exactly like this when she was just 2 days old.

 Free hot dogs, chips and Kool-Aid!

 Inspecting the inside of an ambulance

 A Vietnam-era combat jeep

 Leah sporting a combat hat

The Cleveland Clinic helicopter--we watched it take off---talk about a wind storm!


**********************************


In other news, I saw a cute little questionnaire to ask your children, so I thought I'd give a try with Grace.
Here's her take on Mommy.

What's your mommy's name? April
How old is she? 10 years old
How tall is mommy? She is about this tall. (hand motion just above her head) She's short.
How much does mommy weigh? Thirty pounds   *definitely keeping this kid*
What is her favorite TV show? I don't know.
What is mommy's favorite food? Eggs
What is mommy's favorite thing to drink? Water
What is mommy's favorite thing to do?  Sit here   *nice*
What does mommy like to wear? Shirt and skirt
What is she really good at doing? I don't know. 
What is something that you like mommy to do for you? Make my bed 
What is your favorite thing to do with mommy? Take a walk
What does mommy do during the day?  Go outside and to the library 

2 lovely comments:

Kari said... Best Blogger Tips

Ahhhh....that is so neat! Love the questionnaire. :)

Phyllis Blickensderfer said... Best Blogger Tips

(still giggling over the questionnaire) I'd keep her, too!