Aug 31, 2009

My Trip to Amish Country

Our church was having a ladies' retreat in Sugarcreek, OH, so Grace and I hitched a ride with another lady. Since we would be soooo close to some great stores, and I had never had a guided introduction to the area, Diane offered to show me the sights and sounds. It was fabulous. We hit up at least 5 resale shops. I spent $51.59, give or take a few pennies. I purchased mostly clothes for Grace, as I had very few outfits beyond 18 months. I think I am now set for the winter, except for outdoor gear.
The best deal that I found though was at Zinck's, a discount fabric warehouse. They had flat quarter packets of Disney Classic Pooh material on clearance. (These packages include 4 different pieces of fabric, each measuring 18" x 22"; essentially this is 1/4 yard of fabric per cut.) They were only $1 each; as you can see from the picture below, they retailed for $6.99! I cleared them out and went home with 21 of these! What I can't use, I plan to sell on Ebay!

0 lovely comments: