Aug 31, 2009

Grocery Budget 08/23-08/29

This week's grand total for grocery shopping expenses is $37.44. Not bad, not bad... since it included the following items:

Pictured here from a late Sunday night run are 2 Sunday newspapers, 2 multi-packs of Breyer's YoCrunch yogurt, 1 can of dog food, 6 bags of Bird's Eye frozen veggies, 1 gallon of milk, 1 gallon of OJ, 2 jars of mango tea, 1 box of Townhouse crackers, 1 box of Honey Bunches of Oats with Pecans, 2 cans of tomato soup, 1 Yoplait Whips Yogurt, 1 liquid Dial soap. All this cost me $15.40!


I bought all of the items in the last two pictures for $11.65, PLUS I got back a $5 catalina off my next shopping order. If you can't tell what those photos include, it is 2 Mr. Clean spray cleansers, 2 Mr. Clean liquid cleansers, 4 Oral B toothbrushes, 1 Breyer's yogurt multi-pack, and 6 1-lb. boxes of Barilla pasta.

I also purchased the following items for $4.39 for Grace's birthday cake:

...and her daddy splurged with a $3.99 purchase of Hostess cupcakes for his baby's first birthday. It is Newman family tradition that babies receive no chocolate till their first birthday. On that date, they get their very own Hostess cupcake as you may witness below...


I also purchased 2 gigantic cookies and 1 coconut bon-bon from Miller's bakery in Amish country for $2.01, but they were consumed before a picture could be procured, so you will just have to imagine their yummy goodness.

Now I didn't mention the rest of my purchases in Amish country, did I? :)

1 lovely comments:

Aimee said... Best Blogger Tips

Super job April! Coupons are so fun!! What grocery stores do you shop at? Here where we live, we only have HEB and super walmart; fortunately we have several CVS and Walgreens stores close by. :)