Jan 4, 2010

I'm Outta Here!


Tomorrow evening I am leaving my sweetheart, getting on a bus, and traveling to Chicago to see my family.  It's supposed to be a 6.5 hour trip.  Uh-huh.  With Grace.  By myself.  'Nuff said.



I started gearing up for my trip last night by staying up till midnight (!!) to finish the laundry. I am currently all packed except for the items that I will need before I get on the bus.  I feel very confident that I will not forget anything essential because of my superior memory a beautiful little tip a helpful lady in my church gave me.  Last time I traveled by myself was in May for my friend Andrea's wedding.   As I stewed over forgetting something important, Mrs. Peacock recommended that I make a master traveling list.  It was a great idea.  I just pulled out my list from last May, made a new one to accommodate a few new items that I need to take, and voila!  I was ready to roll.

I thought I would include my list, so you could copy, paste, and change to suit your needs.  My list is for Grace and me, as I generally don't pack for my husband.

My list is for a 7-day trip with relatives, so I have access to a washer/dryer, and I won't need to bring shampoo, soap, towels, or hair dryer.

Grace
diapers and wipes
Tylenol and diaper cream
Pajamas (3)
Outfits (4)
Tights and socks
Shoes, slippers, and boots
Hair clips and pacifiers
Blanket

Me
Underclothing/nylons/socks
Pajamas and slippers
Outfits-3 everyday, 1 church (4)
Shoes
Curling Iron
Hair brush
Hair accessories
Jewelry
Deodorant and other personal hygiene items
Makeup
Bible
Phone charger and phone
Camera and extra batteries
Vitamins
Bus/plane/train ticket
Photo ID
Wallet with cash and credit cards
Snacks for the trip

0 lovely comments: