Jan 2, 2010

Grocery Budget 12/27/09-1/2/10




Well,  I blew it.  My budget, that is.  I really intended to spend no more than $1.17.   All the way to the checkout counter, with the items listed above, I still intended to stay below my budget.  How?  Someone had given us a $25 gift card to Giant Eagle, and I planned to use it.  But, as always seems to happen when I'm being an airhead, I COULDN'T FIND IT in my purse when I needed to pay.  Mind you, I knew I had it.  I rifled through my wallet, and finally, in desperation, paid with my credit card. 

Of course, as soon as I checked my wallet at home, there it was!  Right there where I had put it, and right where I had overlooked it at the grocery store.  Ugh.  What a ditz.

Anyways, I spent $17.91 on the groceries above, saving $29 with coupons, or 63%.
Weekly Spending: $17.91
Monthly Spending: $206.67 ($16.74 over budget)
Monthly Budget: $189.93


1 lovely comments:

Alisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooh! I have done that before! But I usually forget the gift card at home. :) It looks like you got some great deals anyway!!!