Feb 16, 2010

Known Only To God


A dear friend and relative of mine just suffered a miscarriage.  Having been there myself twice, I know the deep disappointment and grief that she is experiencing.  One thing that I wished so much for in those trying times was something tangible, a memory or memorial of my child(ren). 

This very same person made me a pillow three years ago with three little onesies attached (I lost twins with my second miscarriage) and "Home with Jesus" stitched below.  I love that pillow.

I was given a book during my time of loss entitled, "Known Only To God" by Martha Cummins Love.  It gives comfort and counsel regarding your loss from a Biblical perspective, and this book encouraged me a great deal.  I was able to secure another copy for my friend, but I also wanted to make something for her to remember this very much-loved child.

My supplies are a 4x6 photo frame, a mat, some scrapbooking paper, about 6 inches of ribbon, and a small metal charm that was given to me as part of a scrapbooking supply set. 

I printed the words, "Jesus loves the little children..." on the scrapbooking paper, threaded the charm through the ribbon, centered and taped the ribbon to the paper, then set the paper in the matted frame.

Forgive me the photo quality. The charm is a bunny covering its eyes, in case you can't tell.  I couldn't figure out how to photograph the frame without getting myself in the glass reflection.



4 lovely comments:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said... Best Blogger Tips

Jesus does love the little children. When I see the loss loving mothers experience with miscarriages or stillborns, I stand stunned at thoughtless mothers who throw their children away. God bless those who remember the words of our Lord:
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
(Matthew 19:14 KJV)

I look forward to meeting these souls in heaven.

cinthia said... Best Blogger Tips

what a great gift and its very cute too! I can see Gracie's mirror reflection in the background!!!!

Rosa B. said... Best Blogger Tips

So sorry to hear of your friend's loss! I have also lost 2 pregnancies in the past and know the heartache it brings. I'm sure your gift will be very cherished! It's precious!

Alisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow April! I didn't realize you had been through that. Thanks for sharing and super cute idea!!!