You wanna read something frightening?
Today is March 31, 2010.
The year is 1/4 over.
I thought it would be wise on my part to re-visit my resolutions. Since reading through them, I'm re-thinking the wisdom thing; it's highly overrated.
1. Only gain 30 lbs. with this pregnancy; weigh less at the end of the year than I did at the beginning of the year. Hmmmm.... well, I've gained 15-17 lbs. already, and I'm almost 22 weeks pregnant. I'm working out regularly, but I could do a better job at eating healthfully.
2. Read an educational book every month. Do I Spy books count? Actually, the only book that I read completely that might pass as "educational" this month was Science Wizardry for Kids. I took on a new responsibility--homeschooling a 5th grader for the rest of the school year, and I'm scrambling for ideas!
3. Potty-train Grace by the end of April. We've started and stopped twice now, but I refuse to admit complete failure here. I still have another month, right?
4. Create a price book of my pantry staples. I'm working on it... I made a trip to Aldi to scope out their prices on staples. I shall finish this project in the next 9 months.
5. Read through my Bible in a year. YIPPEE! I'm actually right on target with this one!
6. Learn a few new domestic arts. Does keeping a clean house count? Wait...never mind.
7. Lower my grocery bill to $160 per month. January was a success with just $112, February was just over $200, and March came in at a dismal $197. My average is $169. Hopefully April will be better.
8. Manage my time better. This has almost been forced upon me. Now that I am responsible for a child's education, I find that I am forced to keep better time management. Hence, you are not seeing as much of me on this blog. I frankly have much more to do than I have hours in my day.
Wow, that was depressing. Stay tuned for my 6 month check-up. I shall not repeat such dismal results.