Mar 30, 2010

Resolutions Revisited!

You wanna read something frightening?

Today is March 31, 2010.

The year is 1/4 over. 


I thought it would be wise on my part to re-visit my resolutions.  Since reading through them, I'm re-thinking the wisdom thing; it's highly overrated. 

1.  Only gain 30 lbs. with this pregnancy; weigh less at the end of the year than I did at the beginning of the year.  Hmmmm.... well, I've gained 15-17 lbs. already, and I'm almost 22 weeks pregnant.  I'm working out regularly, but I could do a better job at eating healthfully.

2. Read an educational book every month. Do I Spy books count?  Actually, the only book that I read completely that might pass as "educational" this month was Science Wizardry for Kids.  I took on a new responsibility--homeschooling a 5th grader for the rest of the school year, and I'm scrambling for ideas!

3. Potty-train Grace by the end of April.  We've started and stopped twice now, but I refuse to admit complete failure here.  I still have another month, right?

4. Create a price book of my pantry staples.  I'm working on it...  I made a trip to Aldi to scope out their prices on staples.  I shall finish this project in the next 9 months.

5.  Read through my Bible in a year.  YIPPEE!  I'm actually right on target with this one!

6. Learn a few new domestic arts.  Does keeping a clean house count?   Wait...never mind.

7.  Lower my grocery bill to $160 per month.  January was a success with just $112, February was just over $200, and March came in at a dismal $197.  My average is $169.  Hopefully April will be better.

8.  Manage my time better.  This has almost been forced upon me.  Now that I am responsible for a child's education, I find that I am forced to keep better time management.  Hence, you are not seeing as much of me on this blog.  I frankly have much more to do than I have hours in my day.


Wow, that was depressing.  Stay tuned for my 6 month check-up.  I shall not repeat such dismal results.

2 lovely comments:

Carissa said... Best Blogger Tips

Sometimes just setting goals for yourself is a huge step. Keep at it little by little. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Debbie said... Best Blogger Tips

That is a scary thought, year 1/4 over! Sounds like you are right on track with your resolutions, though.

I love the previous post with the coloring pictures - so sweet!

Thanks for visiting my blog :)