May 8, 2010

Grocery Budget...or Lack Thereof! 05/02-05/09


I have a startling confession to make.  I have not been keeping track of my grocery purchases for almost 3 weeks.  I have only taken one single grocery purchase picture in that time!  I must admit that I really enjoyed the break.  Things have been absolutely nutty around here with a week of revival meetings, a visit from my mom, child-sitting/teaching, a new curriculum, pregnancy, a busy little one, and jobs.  I just didn't have the extra energy or time to expend on calculating my grocery spending.  I didn't splurge, or even change my food spending.  I still bought almost everything with coupons, and I got several really great deals.  I just needed a little budget sabbatical.

However, I am ready to jump back into the number crunching.  I am committing to a bulk meat purchase in the next couple of weeks, and I would like to diffuse the up-front cost through my grocery budget.  I'm even thinking about doing my own little eat-from-the-pantry challenge, so I can make room for the meat.  I know I have enough in my pantry to last at least a month, if not more, so it's probably time.

I think there are times when we need to step away from our routine, so that we can come back to it, refreshed and revived.  This was definitely one of those.  How about you?  Do you ever get tired of a certain task, but a little break re-inspires you?


1 lovely comments:

Yolanda said... Best Blogger Tips

Good for you! And yes, sometimes we do need a break to clear our heads and regroup. I'll be very interested to see what you do now. I think we can get mentally tired and bogged down with sustained effort. Enjoy the eat-from-the pantry challenge. That will be fun and you can get everything cleaned out and organized.