Jul 13, 2010

My Newest Piece of Frugal Furniture!


Six months ago, I sold my piano for $200 on Craigslist because it was just not suitable for an apartment.  It was a beautiful spinet piano, but it was just too loud.  My neighbors on the third floor could hear me practicing!  We even put a sheet of felt between the hammers to soften the volume, but it wasn't very effective.  I was sad to see it go, but it really was essential.


About the same time, I purchased a digital piano on Ebay for $400.  It was a very simple used Yamaha model, exactly what I wanted.  Unfortunately, it didn't have a stand.  A friend graciously lent us their "X" style stand to use until we found something suitable.  My husband made plans to build a stand with scrap wood that he gets free from work.  I was a bit skeptical if I would ever see it finished, as he has very little leisure time.


A couple of weeks ago, he started measuring, cutting, sanding, and painting, and on his day off (July 5), he finished it!  I was so excited!  It is really beautiful, and it looks so professional!


The only things purchased were paint, nails, nuts, and brackets.  I would say the total cost was around $20!


3 lovely comments:

The Fifth Street Mama said... Best Blogger Tips

That is very professional looking.

My Bright Corner said... Best Blogger Tips

Super nice!

Mrs. Murdock said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! That is really great! I want one:)