Oct 18, 2011

Oven-Baked Potato Sausage Pack


 Ever had those delicious campfire potato packets?  Yummmm....  Growing up, my mom would make them on the grill, and I loved them. Something about those melted butter, onion-flavored potatoes just demands overindulgence. I don't remember ever having leftovers.

Seeing as we don't grill much, I thought I'd re-create it in my oven, but I wanted more of a snappy, all-in-one-dish, no-mess-to-clean-up kinda dinner.  So I added sausage.

We didn't have any leftovers either.




Oven-Baked Potato Sausage Pack
2 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and chunked/sliced
14 oz. smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2"-1" slices
1/2 lb. baby carrots or chopped carrots
1 small onion, sliced into rings
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. butter, chopped into small chunks
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Layer two 24" pieces of foil, one horizontally and one vertically on a cookie sheet.  Spray the foil well with cooking spray. Pile the first four ingredients in the middle of the foil.  Dot the potato mix with butter and garlic, then sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over top.  If you cut back on butter, spray the top of  veggie mix with cooking spray.  Fold the edges of the foil over top, enclosing the vegetables.  Seal it well by crimping the foil together.  Bake for 30-40 or until potatoes are tender.  Serves 4.


I'm linking up to Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, and Tasty Tuesday II.

3 lovely comments:

loves2spin said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, yum!

Stefani said... Best Blogger Tips

Try it with cabbage added. Yum!

Homemade for Elle said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks yummy! I am going to try it out tonight :)

Your blog is so fun. What a beautiful family you have! Congrats on your new addition.

Blessings,
Andrea
http://www.homemadeforelle.com