Jan 25, 2012

Dessert for Breakfast {Oatmeal Remix}

Oatmeal is a great way to healthfully start your day, but it's not a jump-out-of-bed breakfast.

I've been adding various mix-ins, and boy, I've been excited about my morning meal lately!

My oatmeal base is 1/2 cup oatmeal and 3/4 cup water.  I nuke it for 90 seconds, and it's just the right consistency for the following additions.

Apple Pie a la mode:
2 Tbsp. skim milk, 1 small apple cut in chunks, 2 packets of sweetener, dash of cinnamon


Almond Joy Bar:
 2 Tbsp. skim milk, 1/4 cup coconut toasted for 30 seconds in the microwave, 2 packets of sweetener, 1/8 tsp. almond extract, 1 Tbsp. mini-chocolate chips, 1/8 tsp. coconut extract (optional)


Tropical Sunshine:
2 Tbsp. skim milk, 1/4 cup toasted coconut, 1/4 cup chopped pineapple, 1 clementine, 1/2 banana, 2 packets of sweetener


Chocolate Banana Nut Delight:
 2 Tbsp. skim milk, 1 chopped banana, 2 packets of sweetener, 1/8 cup cocoa almonds (Blue Diamond brand--yum!), dash cinnamon


3 lovely comments:

April said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks good. I have been adding peaches to the oatmeal I fix for breakfast for two toddlers I watch. Their mom can't understand why she won't eat oatmeal at their home, but will at mine. But adding the peaches sweetens it up and gets a fruit down them as well!

Kari said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks ssssooooo good--especially the Almond Joy Bar! I just wish my diet would allow for oatmeal. It's one of my favorites.

TyKes Mom said... Best Blogger Tips

Chocolate banana nut delight! Wow! That is one that I will definitely try and my children will gladly inhale! Yum!