Jun 9, 2012

Things I Loved This Week


What things got you excited, made you laugh, or got your attention this week?  Here's a few from mine.
  • This delicious-looking, low-carb pizza made with a cream cheese/egg crust made me salivate.
  • DIY Burt's Bees Lip Balm Recipe --definitely something I'm interested in trying.  At $2+ per stick, this alternative would be much cheaper and a fabulous gift!
  • I pondered the possibility of making a small batch of homemade soap in my regular blender. So I googled "blender soap" to see what other original minds have done.  And I found Cole Brother's Soap complete with step-by-step instructions and recipes.  Super excited.

 **************************************************
And for a little lightheartedness, one of my daily moments as mom.  Grace and I had the following conversation as I helped her wipe up in the bathroom...

Grace: "Mom, you're wasting the toilet paper."
Me: "No, I'm not. Why do you think that? You are not the judge of those things."
Grace: "Mom, did you say judge? The Bible says you are not supposed to judge. That's bad.  Leah, did you hear Mama?" She shook her head in shock and disbelief.

I guess she is catching something from those sermons in church....

1 lovely comments:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks -- I've pinned the soap and balm sites, and they've already been shared. I think the balm may be Christmas presents next year!