Setting written goals was a great motivator for me. While I didn't completely fulfill my goals, I came much closer than I would have had I not written them down.
Here again are last week's goals and how I did...
As a mom:
- Have morning devotions with the girls every weekday. We got 4 out of 5 days. Friday was a crazy day and it never happened.
Have 15 minutes of school with Grace three times. Practice "Jesus Loves Me" with Grace and Leah every morning (for a nursing home special).
- Brush up on John 3:16 with Grace at least once a day. I did this one on Monday and Tuesday, and then totally forgot about it!
Sing/teach the girls "I May Never March in the Infantry" once a day.
- Teach Grace The Goops poem. Practice before/during lunch. I ended up ordering The Goops Book and decided to wait until it came to start this one.
Listen to 30 minutes of Crazy Love on four days. Read 1 chapter of Power of a Praying Parent each morning.The other book for this month, Switch: How to Change Things when Change is Hard came in first, so I've been reading that one instead. Run twice. Do two weight workouts.
- Write 4 notes. I only wrote 3.
Blog three times. List two items on Ebay.I listed 3 items!
- Have a date at home with Ben. (we'll probably hang out in the garage watching him work on something!) This didn't happen either. Next week. :)
Here are this week's goals.
As a mom:
- Have morning devotions with the girls every weekday.
- Have 15 minutes of school with Grace 3 times.
- Practice "Jesus Loves Me", "I May Never March in the Infantry", and "He is Able" and John 3:16 with the girls every weekday.
- Get outside for a walk or playtime twice.
- Create April monthly finance spreadsheet for Ben and me to review together.
- Do two weight work outs.
- Run twice.
- Listen to Crazy Love for two hours.
- Write 3 notes/cards.
- Finish Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard
- Do a batch of muffins and cookies for the freezer for Ben's lunch.
- Make Greek yogurt in the crockpot.