May 1, 2012

Weekly Goals and Checkup April 30 - May 7


Setting written goals was a great motivator for me.  While I didn't completely fulfill my goals, I came much closer than I would have had I not written them down. 

Here again are last week's goals and how I did...

As a mom:
  • Have morning devotions with the girls every weekday. We got 4 out of 5 days.  Friday was a crazy day and it never happened.
  • Have 15 minutes of school with Grace three times.
  • Practice "Jesus Loves Me" with Grace and Leah every morning (for a nursing home special).
  • Brush up on John 3:16 with Grace at least once a day.  I did this one on Monday and Tuesday, and then totally forgot about it!
  • Sing/teach the girls "I May Never March in the Infantry" once a day.
  • Teach Grace The Goops poem. Practice before/during lunch.  I ended up ordering The Goops Book and decided to wait until it came to start this one. 
For me:
  • Listen to 30 minutes of Crazy Love on four days.
  • Read 1 chapter of Power of a Praying Parent each morning. The other book for this month, Switch: How to Change Things when Change is Hard came in first, so I've been reading that one instead.
  • Run twice.
  • Do two weight workouts.
  • Write 4 notes. I only wrote 3.
  • Blog three times.
  • List two items on Ebay.  I listed 3 items!
  • Have a date at home with Ben. (we'll probably hang out in the garage watching him work on something!) This didn't happen either.  Next week. :)



Here are this week's goals.

As a mom:
  • Have morning devotions with the girls every weekday.
  • Have 15 minutes of school with Grace 3 times.
  • Practice "Jesus Loves Me", "I May Never March in the Infantry", and "He is Able" and John 3:16 with the girls every weekday.
  • Get outside for a walk or playtime twice.
For me:
  • Create April monthly finance spreadsheet for Ben and me to review together.
  • Do two weight work outs.
  • Run twice.
  • Listen to Crazy Love for two hours.
  • Write 3 notes/cards.
  • Finish Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard
  • Do a batch of muffins and cookies for the freezer for Ben's lunch.
  • Make Greek yogurt in the crockpot.

0 lovely comments: